All training offered for the B+E Test covers the different aspects as set out by the DVSA, including: Un-Coupling & Re-Coupling, On Road Driving & Test Route Familiarisation, Reversing Manoeuvres, Safe Loading, Towing & The Law. The On-Road driving section is the part which most find is the hardest section, irrespective of how much experience they have had with trailers. The driving section of the test lasts for about an hour and requires the candidate to drive at the highest standard achievable – something that is easier said than done with years of ‘bad habits’ creeping in!
Do not underestimate the standard of driving required to pass!
Matt’s training is given in the form of intensive courses, enough hours each day to be able to take all of the information in, but not so much that you are brainwashed and exhausted by the end of the day! All training offered is designed to ensure you achieve the required standard to pass the B+E Test. Matt’s training caters for all levels of experience and can also be carried out either on a one-to-one basis or in pairs. The test centre used is Guildford Driving Test Centre. Due to Matt’s popularity and consistently high results, he is always booked up for several weeks in advance, so you are advised to book up sooner rather than later
Matt’s courses include
- The relevant training
- Use of modern training vehicle and trailer on training and test
- The DVSA Test fee(s) where applicable
- Use of large 1500 square metre tarmac training ground
- Many years of in-depth knowledge of the B+E Test
- Test route familiarisation
Many companies who offer B+E training do not offer all of these as a package, with many not even having their own vehicle, trailer or training ground to use! There are even some companies who say you need lots of hours training to pass the test – this is simply untrue and the significantly high consistent pass rate speaks for itself!
Although not essential, an assessment is an ideal opportunity for Matt to see exactly what you can already do with trailers, or if you are a beginner, how quickly you get to grips with the reversing, etc. Everyone learns at different speeds – some quicker, some longer, so come along and see how you get on! He offers full guidance on how to perform the reversing exercise plus a talk through of uncouple/re-couple exercise and a road assessment. Let him show you how easy he makes the process of gaining your licence using modern training techniques and intensive courses designed for your individual ability levels. Carried out at his training ground in Farnborough, these can be booked in at reasonably short notice and normally take around 1.5hrs, costing just £60.
Intensive courses for individuals
On a ‘one to one’ basis, the training is booked around the availability of the test date and is a great way of getting through the test fast and effectively. Assessments are recommended as everyone learns at different rates, or contact Matt to discuss the options.
- The One Day Course is only for those who can already reverse trailers confidently, and have a good knowledge of Guildford and the surrounding areas. This course concentrates mainly on the on-road driving section, but briefly covering the reversing manoeuvre and uncoupling & re-coupling, etc. Training is conducted in the morning with the test around late morning/lunchtime on the same day. For this course it is recommended to have an assessment first to make sure that you are suitable for this course or discuss with Matt you current level of ability with trailers.
- The Two Day Course is generally for those who have some experience in reversing trailers. Because more time allocated to reversing and test route familiarisation, this is always the most popular course. The training is usually over 2 days with the test usually around late morning/lunchtime on the 2nd day.
- The Three Day Course is generally for those who have no experience in reversing trailers. Training is over 3 days, allowing plenty of time to cover all aspects with test usually around late morning/lunchtime on the 3rd day.
Intensive courses for pairs
If there are two of you who need to take the test, why not train together? This is the most cost effective way to pass your B+E Test. Ideal for two colleagues or friends as you are effectively getting extra days training time for less money! You also benefit more by learning off each other. Waiting times for Pairs courses can be longer due to requiring two back to back tests.
- The Two Day Pairs Course is for when both candidates have some experience in reversing trailers. This is the most popular Pairs Course. Training would be over 2 days allowing time for practising the reversing manoeuvre and uncoupling & re-coupling, etc as well as test route familiarisation. Back to back tests are then around late morning/lunchtime on the 2nd day (or soon after depending on availability).
- The Three Day Pairs Course is for when both candidates have none or very little experience with trailers. Training would be over 3 days with back to back tests around lunchtime on the 3rd day (or soon after depending on availability).
The costs for the courses are competitive, and so are not published as they are significantly cheaper than other training companies. To find out how much you could save, please contact Matt directly. Remember Matt will get you through your test in just one to three days training depending on your level of experience!
In the unlikely event of you needing a re-test, Matt will discuss with you what would be the best options available for your circumstances, but with one of the highest pass rates in the area you are far more likely to pass with Matt.
To book up or to discuss which course would be suitable for your requirements, please contact Matt