All training offered for the B+E Test covers the different aspects as set out by the DVSA, including: Un-Coupling & Re-Coupling, On Road Driving & Test Route Familiarisation, Reversing Manoeuvres, Safe Loading, Towing & The Law. The On-Road driving section is the part which most find is the hardest section, irrespective of how much experience they have had with trailers. The driving section of the test lasts for about an hour and requires the candidate to drive at the highest standard achievable – something that is easier said than done with years of ‘bad habits’ creeping in!
Do not underestimate the standard of driving required to pass!
Matt’s training is given in the form of intensive courses, enough hours each day to be able to take all of the information in, but not so much that you are brainwashed and exhausted by the end of the day! All training offered is designed to ensure you achieve the required standard to pass the B+E Test. Matt’s training caters for all levels of experience and can also be carried out either on a one-to-one basis or in pairs. The test centre used is Guildford Driving Test Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: Since restarting driving tests after the lockdown The DVSA are running a reduced number of tests per week and so this is resulting in long waiting times not helped by the large backlog of tests that were cancelled. Currently, waiting times are around 2 months and will only increase as time goes on so I do advise to book up sooner rather than later.
Matt’s courses include
- The relevant training
- Use of modern training vehicle and trailer on training and test
- The DVSA Test fee(s) where applicable
- Use of large 1500 square metre tarmac training ground
- Many years of in-depth knowledge of the B+E Test
- Test route familiarisation
Many companies who offer B+E training do not offer all of these as a package, with many not even having their own vehicle, trailer or training ground to use! There are even some companies who say you need lots of hours training to pass the test – this is simply untrue and the significantly high consistent pass rate speaks for itself!
Although not essential, an assessment is an ideal opportunity for Matt to see exactly what you can already do with trailers, or if you are a beginner, how quickly you get to grips with the reversing, etc. Everyone learns at different speeds – some quicker, some longer, so come along and see how you get on! He offers full guidance on how to perform the reversing exercise plus a talk through of uncouple/re-couple exercise and a road assessment. Let him show you how easy he makes the process of gaining your licence using modern training techniques and intensive courses designed for your individual ability levels. Carried out at his training ground in Farnborough, these can be booked in at reasonably short notice and normally take around 1.5hrs, costing just £60.
Training Courses for Individuals
Assessments are highly recommended as everyone learns at different rates and some beginners may find the Two Day Course is sufficient.
- The One Day Course is only for those who can already reverse trailers confidently and ideally have a good knowledge of Guildford and the surrounding areas. This course concentrates mainly on the on-road driving section, but briefly covering the reversing manoeuvre and uncoupling & re-coupling, etc. Training is conducted in the morning with the test around late morning/lunchtime on the same day. For this course, it is thoroughly recommended to have an assessment first to make sure that you are suitable for this course due to the short amount of training time.
- The Two Day Course is generally for those who have some experience in reversing trailers. Because more time allocated to reversing and test route familiarisation, this is always the most popular course. The training is usually over 2 days with the test usually around late morning/lunchtime on the 2nd day.
- The Three Day Course is generally for those who have no experience in reversing trailers. Training is over 3 days, allowing plenty of time to cover all aspects with test usually around late morning/lunchtime on the 3rd day.
Intensive courses for pairs
Due to the DVSA only running a limited test program since the lockdown, pairs courses are currently unavailable due to back to back tests being unavailable most of the time. Hopefully this will change as time goes on and the DVSA start to increase the number of tests per week.
Currently the DVSA are not conducting any Saturday tests. Training is possible on Saturdays but the tests are weekdays only.
The costs for the courses are competitive, and so are not published as they are significantly cheaper than the larger training companies. To find out how much you could save, please contact Matt directly. Remember Matt will get you through your test in just one to three days training depending on your level of experience!
In the unlikely event of you needing a re-test, Matt will discuss with you what would be the best options available for your circumstances, but with one of the highest pass rates in the area you are far more likely to pass with Matt.
To book up or to discuss which course would be suitable for your requirements, please contact Matt